How we’re helping the environment:
- All paints and primer used in our facility were low VOC (Volatile organic compounds) level.
- The in-duct filtration system was designed to ensure a dust free environment.
- We have a dedicated recycling center.
- Publicly accessible lavatory faucets are equipped with automatic shut-off sensors.
- Our toilets are all Dual-Flush, reducing water consumption.
- Our lighting has been designed to meet LPD (Lighting Power Density) of 14.2 Watts/m2.
- We take advantage of the natural daylight throughout our facility, supplemented by low energy lighting to reduce energy consumption.
- Our front signage uses LED lighting with a built in sensor.
- We train and constantly update our employees on eco-friendly protocols.
- We deal with environmentally responsible suppliers. Our products are non-toxic and free of harsh chemicals. We proudly carry product lines from companies who are committed to preserving our health and the environment.
- We encourage clients to bring their own sandals for pedicures; if need-be, we offer our biodegradable disposable ones.
- Our cleaning products are natural, fragrance-free and biodegradable.
- Our papers all contain recycled content.
- We encourage e-mails instead of faxes to help reduce paper-use.
- We serve our clients organic beverages.
What you need to know:
A carbon footprint is defined as the total amount of greenhouse gases produced to directly and indirectly support human activities, usually expressed in equivalent tons of carbon dioxide (CO2). That’s to say, we have altered the chemical composition of the atmosphere through a buildup of greenhouse gases – primarily carbon dioxide, methane, and nitrous oxide.
What if we do nothing? Rising global temperatures will cause sea levels to rise and alter local climate conditions, affecting forests, crop yields, and water supplies. It may also affect human health, animals, and many types of ecosystems. Deserts may expand and some of our countryside may be permanently altered.
Noir’s dedication in reducing our carbon footprint requires a multi-dimensional approach. We constructed our facility in the greenest way possible and conduct our business procedures with a focus on recycling and reducing the use of paper. We use natural cleaning products, always conserving energy and water consumption. We select products and beverages for clients with natural, organic ingredients rather than chemical ingredients.
You can visit other parts of this website for more information on how committed we are to being eco-friendly.